2. In order to enjoy God we must be in right relationship to Him. It is our desire to see each child presented with, understand and embrace the gospel message. Further, parents and teachers involved in the working of the school must have a personal understanding and commitment to God’s redemptive plan.
3. Scripture teaches, “the fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge.” (Proverbs 1:7) and that we are to “love the Lord with all (our) . . . mind.”(Matthew 22:37) Accordingly, we believe in a Christian worldview approach to learning that integrates the truth of scriptures with all subject matter. As a result of this conviction, the primary reason for starting this school is to implement an educational model that seeks to train children to live a life that is honoring to God.
4. Capturing the mind of a child is critical. The mind is a major battleground in the spiritual warfare that God tells Christians they will encounter. Believers need to be proactive in their right to educate their children from a Christ-centered perspective.
5. It is not possible to teach any subject from a spiritually neutral perspective; some worldview, (whether God-honoring or not) will be maintained. “Education is built on the foundation of the instructor’s worldview and the worldview of those who developed the curriculum.” (D. Wilson)
6. The God-ordained institution of the family is given the primary authority and responsibility for education. School should be an extension of the teaching, training and disciplining presently occurring in the home.
7. The church is a God ordained institution. The church’s role in education should never usurp that of the family, but rather instruct parents from the scriptures on how to train, teach and nurture children. The family and the church need to clearly understand their jurisdictions in order for a God-honoring school to exist.
An ECS family must understand and be committed to classical, Christ-centered education. Parents should want their children to attend Eastwood Christian School because of what they are taught, how they are taught, and by whom they are taught. Eastwood Christian School is a learning-oriented community, where students are challenged to achieve their individual educational potential for the sake of serving the Kingdom of God.