STATEMENT OF FAITH
This Statement of Faith defines the essential, Biblical doctrines that guide the ministry of Eastwood Christian School. The Westminster Confession of Faith together with the Larger and Shorter Catechisms contain this system of Biblical doctrine. The Westminster Confession of Faith is required reading for all parents.
The following are the doctrines that will be taught in various ways throughout all grade levels.
1. Sovereignty of God: God sovereignly controls all that occurs in His world and in His Church. His plans and purposes always prevail; nothing can thwart them.
2. Inerrancy of Scripture : God's written Word, the Bible, is free from error and completely trustworthy. It is His Truth and the final authority in all matters.
3. God's Creation of the World and Man: The Triune God, Father, Son and Holy Spirit, alone has existed from eternity past and in His wisdom decided to create the universe from nothing. God spoke and it came into existence. Humanity did not evolve from lower life forms, but was created by God. Man, male and female, was created with dignity in that he is made in God's image and created in humility in that his purpose is to glorify God and enjoy Him forever.
4. Fall of Mankind: All mankind participated in Adam's fall from his original sinless state and is thus lost in sin and totally depraved.
5. Jesus, Savior of Sinners: Jesus Christ is the unique Son of God and the only Savior of the world. He was born of a virgin and lived a sinless life. He purchased redemption by His substitutionary atonement on the cross. Jesus bodily rose from the dead, ascended to the right hand of the Father, and He will come again in power and glory.
6. Justification by Faith Alone: All men are sinners. Sinners are justified by faith alone. They do not deserve salvation, and they cannot earn or work for salvation. Justification is totally due to God's grace and received by faith in Jesus Christ.
7. Empowering Holy Spirit: Every true believer in Jesus Christ is indwelt and empowered by the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit enables believers to live a godly life and to perform good works.
8. Final Judgment and Resurrection: At the Second Coming of Christ, the saved and the lost will be bodily resurrected and judged. The saved are resurrected to eternal life and the lost are resurrected to eternal condemnation.
9. Body of Christ: All believers are spiritually united in the Lord Jesus Christ. Every true believer is a member of the Body of Christ.
An ECS family must understand and be committed to classical, Christ-centered education. Parents should want their children to attend Eastwood Christian School because of what they are taught, how they are taught, and by whom they are taught. Eastwood Christian School is a learning-oriented community, where students are challenged to achieve their individual educational potential for the sake of serving the Kingdom of God.